Holy art show, Batman! If you’re a geek, an artist, or better yet, a geeky artist then we need you for the first ever Rotten Geek show. Rotten Meat Gallery and GeekCLE is teaming up to bring you one of the coolest art events of the year; no pretense, just fun. Let Cleveland see what ya got by submitting up to two pieces of original art. We are looking for art inspired by geek culture: original comic strips, comic books, Saturday morning cartoons, sci-fi and fantasy, video games, cosplay, LARPing, basically whatever geek culture means to you or your unique spin on it. Now for the nitty-gritty:
- This is a juried exhibition!!
- Works can be any media as long as they are smaller than 4′ x 4′
- All sculptures must be free standing or hanging ready.
- Up to two entries per person.
- All work must be ready to display!
- All works must be original no reproductions will be accepted!
- Also absolutely no Hentai will be considered.
- Drop-off is NEXT WEEKEND Nov. 9th & 10th from 1-5pm Please come prepared to sign a contract and have your art priced and ready to hang. 1814E. 40th Street, Suite 4B (4th floor), Cleveland 44103
- Sorry kids, but for this show you’ve got to be 18 or older to submit.
- Questions? Post in the comments section below or send us an email through the site.
The opening reception for Rotten Geek will be on Friday, December 6th, 2013 from 6-10pm and we hope to see you, your friends, and your family there! Everyone here at GeekCLE headquarters is super excited to show off the amazing amount of artistic talent found in our fair city, so please help us spread the word! Hope to see you there!