Date(s) - 02/13/2014
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Great Lakes Science Center
What does seduction smell like? Is beauty in the eye of the beholder or is it simply mathematics? Does naked yoga make you feel more attractive? Is there science behind a broken heart?
Discover the answers to these questions and more at this adults-only evening where you can explore the edgier side of science with an aphrodisiac-inspired cocktail in hand – just in time to celebrate (or protest) Valentine’s Day!
- See sparks fly during a live science show about the physics of attraction and repulsion
- Find out if you’re spicy or sweet from Joseph DeLuca of Dr. Drink’s Traveling Apothecary Show, who will explore the science and art of perfume by creating personalized martinis with layered aromatics and either Smirnoff Vodka or Captain Morgan White Rum
- Measure points on your face to see where math and the Golden Ratio rank your attractiveness
- Pick up tips on how to select a fragrance and sample aromatic ingredients common to both perfumes and cocktails from Indigo Perfumery
- Explore, poke and peer at the inner workings of a pig heart during a dissection demonstration
- Meet Dr. Sean Veney, Associate Professor of Biological Sciences at Kent State University, who will test your knowledge of the brain and investigate why we find each other attractive
- See attraction and polarity work right before your eyes by putting your hand on a tabletop electrostatic generator
- Learn about Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s latest exhibition, Nature’s Mating Games, and get an eyeful of real human specimens and realistic models from their sex-ed classes
- Listen to Sarah Grabinski, a Research Assistant in the Licatalosi Lab the Center for RNA Molecular Biology at Case Western Reserve University, explain theories on why attraction exists
- Discover the secrets behind orchid reproduction with Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Make a glowing duck tape corsage with simple circuit materials
- Hear the latest on astronomical activities from the Chagrin Valley Astronomical Society
- Join Sarah Stakes, a M. Ed. candidate in Exercise Science at Cleveland State University, as she discusses the anatomy of the human heart and the “broken heart syndrome”
- Meet Joey Fredrickson from Society Lounge, who will mix up love potions and aphrodisiac inspired cocktails (available for purchase at the bar)
- Discover the art of naked yoga and how it makes you feel more attractive from Buck Naked Yoga
- Receive free samples of lotions and potions from Ambiance and sign up to win one of three “attraction” gift baskets
- Generate some group love as you work with your friends to become a human game controller
- Sample strawberries dipped in milk chocolate and dark Mexican chocolate
| $15 in advance, $18 at the door, $12 Science Center members
21+ event. Cash bar and food available.
Register today! Buy tickets online here or call 216-621-2400.