Date(s) - 12/05/2013
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Great Lakes Science Center
Need a kid-free night out? Science After Dark is a fun and interactive adults-only evening where you can join scientists, artists, musicians and other adults in having fun and learning about a science topic in a kid-free setting!
This Science After Dark will be prohibition themed, exploring the science behind the sip! Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition by:
- Learning how to make the perfect Old Fashioned from star mixologist Joey Fredrickson of Society Lounge
- Learning about Ohio wine before prohibition from Joel Sandry of Rat Cellar Brewery and taste Pride of Cleveland beer, a prohibition-style pilsner
- Exploring the chemistry of liquor with Cleveland Whiskey’s Andrew Markelonis and taste Christmas Bourbon
- Enjoying alcoholic cupcakes
- Sampling spirits from Tom’s Foolery
- Learning how to dance the Foxtrot and Charleston
- Discovering the science behind hangover cures and play drunk goggle cornhole with new friends
- Using temperature, sugar and light, experiment with one of the fundamental elements in spirit creation – yeast!
Buy tickets early and save! Call 216-621-2400.
$15 in advance, $18 at the door, $12 Science Center members, $12 designated driver
Cash bar and food available for purchase.